Saturday, April 4, 2009

Mos Racial part deux....

Read Robinson's post again and just couldn't walk away:

I would argue, though, that Holder's decision Wednesday to void the botched prosecution of former senator Ted Stevens on corruption charges had real impact on the racial dialogue that takes place inside our heads. Holder reviewed the record of prosecutorial mistakes and misconduct and took decisive, definitive action. On an issue that had nothing to do with race, a black man was large and in charge.

Color me incredulous. I think it had real impact on people who see everything in terms of race. I saw nothing more to it than the right decision irrespective of race, but then again I judge a man by the content of their character and not the color of their skin, unlike Robinson. Post racial indeed.

In my previous post, I referred to Al Sharpton as 'Sharton.' While it may have been a Fruedian slip and did bring a chuckle to the K-Man, I usually stay away from pedantic name calling unless its for the occasional laugh or amusement of all. It was a real slip, so I cannot take credit for the clever insult.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Behave. If you don't know what that means, then you probably won't behave. I can take some good licks of you got them but idiotic name calling and ad hominems will get you nowhere. However, if your insult makes me laugh, it's probably OK.